Saturday, January 21, 2012

Frustration

We are often told how our actions
can control others. We are often
advised we may not be able to
control others but most certainly
we can control ourselves.

Oxymoron: A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist. (from: Free Dictionary.com)

We listen to others.
We hear what they have said to others.
Yet, we often have no recourse.
To confront can be met with consequences
of more lies, arguments.
To allow, only means often the culprit
continues their path of destruction.
Usually, to cover their own paths
of inadequacies.

We try to realize the ridiculousness
until we live with the continuous
results of their actions.
When the words of others influence
your own life, and most to the time
the fools believe their own lies, Where
do you go from their?

I look at youthful pictures of myself
I look at current pictures and I wonder
who damaged me more.
People, I thought I could trust
or the ones there should have been no doubt.

All art and verbiage are © olives and you 2009-2012 unless otherwise stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment